Thary’s Khmer nuts - recipe
1st January 2014 | by Guest author
500g fresh peanuts
2 sticks fresh lemongrass (sliced into small pieces)
5 kefir lime leaves, finely sliced
100g garlic, finely sliced
3 fresh chillis, kept whole (or sliced for a really spicy hit!)
1 rice-spoonful of sugar
1 rice-spoonful of chicken powder (or bouillon)
½ rice-spoonful salt
- Warm the frying pan and put in enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the garlic, lemongrass, kefir lime leaves and chilli together for 3-5 minutes and put aside.
- Boil the peanuts in hot water for 5 minutes and then let them dry-out in a sieve or colander
- Warm the frying pan and fry the boiled peanuts in hot oil until they turn golden brown.
- Take the peanuts out of the pan, put them in a large bowl and mix them together with the fried garlic and spices mixture as well as the salt, chicken powder and sugar.
- Enjoy with an ice-cold Angkor Beer!