Malaysia - Getting to know Redang Island
Stunning Redang Island is a large island on Malaysia’s east coast, and is part of the protected Terengganu Marine Park. Clear waters, pristine coral, rich marine life and a choice of quality dive sites make Redang a haven for snorkel and dive enthusiasts. Redang also has a fine selection of quality accommodation, and is just an hour’s flight from the capital of Kuala Lumpur.
What to do on Pulau Redang
- Dive and snorkel over the coral reefs that surround the island, looking out for sea turtles and giant clams
- Practice your underwater photography in the clear waters
- Relax on as many of the superb white sandy beaches as you can handle!
- Trek through the forest and meet some of the local residents
- Enjoy the chilled out nightlife, which is typically best along the beaches
Terengganu Marine Park
- Visibility underwater is excellent for most of the year
- Seas are rough between Nov-Mar
select another destination
Redang is popular with families as well as water enthusiasts, thanks to its excellent beaches. This can lead to the island getting quite busy on weekends and public holidays.