Vietnam visa information
Is an entry visa required for Vietnam?
** The Vietnamese government has suspended the visa waiver programme and e-visa service. The Vietnamese Embassy in London will cease processing visa applications until further notice. As of 15th March 2020 all foreign nationals will be refused entry to Vietnam if in the previous 14 days they have been to the UK, or any Schengen country, even in transit. This restriction will be in place for 30 days. **
Nationals of the following countries do not require a visa to enter Vietnam for a maximum stay of 15 days: United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Denmark*, Norway*, Finland* & Sweden*. This 15-day visa exemption is only valid for single-entry arrivals up until 30th June 2021 (for countries marked * the exemption is valid to 31st December 2022). And is applicable to all border arrivals (regardless of whether you arrive by air or land).
For all other nationalities, multiple-entry visits, and anyone staying longer than 15 days, a visa is required. Your visa must be arranged in advance of travelling to Vietnam. The standard tourist visa is a single entry visa that allows you to travel in Vietnam for 30 days from the date of your entry.
Can everyone use the e-visa service?
- The e-visa service is currently available to nationals of 81 countries (including citizens of the UK, the USA, Australia, New Zealand & most European countries.
- Anyone requiring multi-entry to Vietnam, whether by land or air, cannot use the e-visa service.
- The e-visa is not accepted for arrivals via a river cruise from Cambodia at the Song Tien border.
In these instances, you can arrange an entry visa directly with the Vietnamese Embassy in your home country.
Vietnamese Embassy (London):
Address: 12-14 Victoria Road,
Tel: 020 7937 1912
Options for arranging the visa?
- E-visa: The online visa costs $25 USD per person which is payable online at the time of application. This is a single entry visa valid for a maximum of 30 days. Visit this website https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/ where you will need to complete the form and upload an image of the data page of your passport and a photograph. Your visa authorisation letter will be emailed to you within 3 working days of application. You must travel with this letter.
- Visa-on-arrival authorisation: Possible for arrivals at 3 international airports in Vietnam: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City & Danang.Selective Asia charge £25 per person, with a further $25 USD per person payable on arrival in Vietnam (accompanied by two up-to-date passport photos.) We do not require your passport or photos, requiring just a completed form which you can return to us by email. You will then be issued with a letter of authorisation to obtain your visas stamp upon landing.
- The Vietnamese Embassy: The visa costs £54 per person and you must take your passport to the Vietnamese Embassy, collecting it no sooner than five working days later. You can post your passport and application form to save you the journey (it is essential you use a recorded delivery service) and the embassy will also return your passport and visa by post if required, although they charge an additional £5 - 8 per person to cover the cost of the recorded delivery.
Looking for visa information for another country?
select another destination