A honeymoon in Bhutan, officially the happiest country on earth, must surely rank amongst the most auspicious ways to start married life.
This rather enigmatic Himalayan kingdom, set in a misty, otherworldly landscape, is home to a kaleidoscope of cultural celebrations, fantastic trekking, and welcoming locals, making it perfect for a once-in-a-lifetime romantic adventure. Alongside celebrating being hit by Cupid’s arrow, you can even try shooting a few real ones, with archery being Bhutan’s national sport! Craving a little classic honeymoon luxury? Bhutan hosts some of the world’s finest hotels, so you’ll be spoilt for choice.
5 extraordinary reasons to spend your honeymoon in Bhutan
- Soak up some spiritual serenity - from trekking to the Tiger's Nest to attending a private blessing by a monk, Bhutan’s peaceful ambience is intoxicating
- Get amongst the Himalayas - trekking in Bhutan can be a very personal experience. We arrange private camping complete with chef, porters and the great Himalayan panorama for entertainment.
- Treat yourselves at a Six Senses' spa - indulge in some serious pampering at one of the new Six Senses properties, renowned for their spa and wellness
- Escape to the luxury mountain hideaway of Gangtey Lodge - enjoy exclusive evening meditation sessions with the Gangtey monastery monks, and unwind with a traditional hot stone bath
- Spring sunshine to Autumn bliss - after being glorious during the Spring, Bhutan’s weather peaks again from September to November, making it ideal for an Autumn honeymoon too
One country not enough?
select another destination
Fallen for Bhutan?
Call us on 01273 670 001
Leave it all to us...
so all you have to plan is the wedding
Responsible Travel in Bhutan
Bhutan is the only country in the world to be carbon negative, absorbing three times the carbon it produces. The country's focus on low number of visitors helps the tourism industry keep to good sustainable practices, thus protecting its environment and communities.
Bhutan's hotels all have an impeccable record when it comes to sustainability, from the luxurious Amankora to modest home stays by using local materials for their buildings, sourcing local ingredients for its dishes or using little to no plastic.
Your own Bhutan honeymoon
Explore our Bhutan itineraries for inspiration, but rest assured your honeymoon will be tailor-made just for you (two).
In focus: Bhutan Festivals
Bhutan is famous for its extraordinary festivals, known as tsechus, which play a crucial role in preserving the rich culture and traditions of this last remaining Buddhist kingdom. They are a social highlight for the Bhutanese, many of whom travel from remote rural villages to immerse themselves in Buddhist teachings, receive blessings and meet up with friends they may not have seen since the previous year’s celebrations. Attending a tshechu helps Buddhists gain merit, so they are a big deal and always joyful. Find out more information about Bhutan's Festivals and the best time to travel to Bhutan.