Go beyond carbon offsetting: contribute to the Selective Earth Programme with the World Land Trust
Why we don’t offer a standard carbon offset programme
We believe that for ‘carbon offsetting’ to be effective, it needs to be implemented as part of a broader set of responsible actions, otherwise it distracts from the real impact of flying on both the developing country, and the developed country. In order to truly contribute towards a healthier planet, we believe that putting our efforts into travelling responsibly, and donating towards conservation projects is a more responsible action than simply offsetting, which is why we’ve put together the Selective Earth Programme in conjunction with the World Land Trust.
Selective Earth Programme in conjunction with the World Land Trust
We offer all our clients the opportunity to not only reduce their carbon footprint when flying, but also contribute towards conservation projects in Asia. To do this, we have teamed up with World Land Trust (WLT) an international conservation charity who we believe offer a correctly priced and effective solution to reducing the carbon impact of your flight, through actively conserving rainforest whilst supporting local communities. We work closely with the trust to identify which projects are a priority for funding, to ensure our donations keep on making a difference. We are currently contributing towards the conservation of the Khe Nuoc Trong forest, in Vietnam, as well as planting fruit trees in the surrounding communities.
Find out more about the Selective Earth Programme
Heritage Friendly Campaign of Cambodia
We are very proud to have been awarded Silver Status by the Heritage Friendly Campaign of Cambodia. We believe that it is essential to care and respect the destinations we work in. This award reflects the efforts we have made within Cambodia.
The award certifies that, amongst other things, we:
- Educate our clients on the importance of protecting Cambodia's heritage.
- Ensure all the SA team are educated about heritage preservation.
- Actively promote good tourism practice, imparting information to guests that is beneficial to the environment, heritage, arts and culture.
- Support social development programs such as sports activities for the youth, education and literacy programs as well as other projects helping underprivileged Cambodians.
- Are involved with community projects providing support for underprivileged Cambodians.
- Promote new Cambodian destinations, helping to ensure income from tourism reaches the areas that need it most.